What Does ISO 9001:2015 Mean?
When it comes to quality management systems, ISO 9001 is the standard by which organizations in all industries are measured worldwide. If a company is ISO 9001-certified, such as Gateway Cable Company, it means they provide high-quality products and services to its customers on a consistent basis. Where does the “2015” factor in, you might ask? The current version of ISO 9001 came out in September 2015.
What is a Quality Management System (QMS)?
A quality management system is essential to the operation of an organization in almost every way; these systems serve a variety of purposes, including:
- Reducing expenses
- Streamlining processes
- Limiting waste
- Pinpointing the need for additional training sessions
- Keep staff members invested
- Giving the company as a whole more direction
There are numerous standards for quality management systems, but ISO 9011:2015 has the widest reach.
ISO 9001:2015 Requirements
Now that we’ve answered the question, “what is ISO 9001:2015,” the next question to cover is, “what does it entail?” ISO 9001 follows the Plan-Do-Check-Act Cycle, which is a planning and action-based model for identifying opportunities for change, testing solutions, reviewing tests, and rolling out finalized plans. ISO 9001 spans structure, procedures, and responsibilities, such as:
- QMS requirements, such as planning and carrying out process and documenting information
- Managerial responsibilities
- Human resources and work resources management
- A deeper understanding of products
- QMS improvement with internal audits and corrective action
How is an ISO 9001:2015 Certification Earned?
Organizations can earn a certification for ISO 9001:2015 — but no other standard in the ISO 9000 series. Certification involves adhering to ISO 9001:2015 requirements and successfully completing a registrar’s audit, which confirms the requirements are met. Organizations that are ISO 9001:2015-certified do the following:
- Follow the ISO 9001:2015 standard
- Adhere to the organization’s own requirements
- Meet customer, statutory, and regulatory requirements
- Keep excellent documentation
Get More Information From Gateway Cable Company!
Gateway Cable Company is an ISO 9001:2015-certified supplier of high-quality connectors, cables, receptacles, and more. If you have questions about our products and services, contact us. You can also request a quote online!